When I first started baking a few years ago the easiest cakes I made where a party cake with whipped cream frosting topped with raspberries. I also mastered an old fashioned chocolate cake and a lemony yogurt cake. All three are not only easy to make but are delicious and are always big hits with crowds.
If you’re a new baker, I know how intimidating it can be when you are trying out a new cake recipe. I wanted to share my experience and provide you with three of the first cakes I ever made. These will give you the confidence to build your baking skills!
Party Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting
In order to bake party cake you’ll need the following ingredients on hand.
- 1 and 1/2 sticks of softened, unsalted butter as well as extra for greasing
- 2 and 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 of a cup of whole milk at room temperature
- 3 large eggs also at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- raspberries for garnish
Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake
The second easiest cake recipe I’ve had the pleasure of making is a delicious, old fashioned chocolate cake. This cake will satisfy any chocolate craving and delight every chocolate lover.
To make this amazing chocolate cake you’ll need a few basic ingredients on hand.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- chocolate frosting – Here’s my favorite chocolate frosting recipe.
- Lemony Yogurt Cake
The final simple and delicious recipe that I love making is an always successful lemony yogurt cake. The ingredients needed for this fantastic lemony yogurt cake are as follows.
- 2 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of unsalted, room temperature butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 3 large, lightly beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- confectioners’ sugar for dusting